What Will You Learn?
This course is part of the Ethereal Bachelor program in Grief Therapy at the School of Grief Education at AITU. It is a 6-hour semester course that must be completed within 6 weeks. The aim of this course is to introduce students to the theory and practice of children and grief counseling. The course work topics include: how do children grieve when a parent dies, does grief differ from that of adults, can the “task of grieving” be applied to children, and how can bereave be helped best.
- To identify children and their families in mourning. To identify children’s mourning process.
- To identify the major influences on the course and outcome of childhood bereavement.
- To identify how family rituals influence the child’s adjustment to the loss.
- To describe the families’ experience of parental loss and how the changes brought about by this loss affected the children and their surviving parent during the first two years after the death.
- To identify how children changed as they respond to the loss of a parent. To identify developmental tasks in childhood.
- To describe encounters with death during childhood.
- To examine research on the development of death-related concepts during childhood.
- To explore sources and typical expressions of death-related attitudes in childhood. To identify issues confronting children who are coping with bereavement and grief. To suggest constructive ways in which adults can help children who are coping with death.
- To outline the important mediators of the bereavement experience and how these various mediators affect the course and outcome of bereavement.
- To explore to what extent experiencing parental death places children at risk for serious emotional and behavioral consequences.
- To identify children’s reactions to the death of a parent.
- Identify children’s loss of a sibling compared with children’s loss of a parent. To explore how to help bereaved children.
- To outline the needs of grieving children.
- To explore issues that must be considered before the intervention.
- To explore the various models that can be used for intervention with bereaved children and their families.
- To explore activities that will facilitate children through the various tasks of mourning.
With advancements in technology, the education system has witnessed incredible changes and updates in its teaching patterns. International institutes are offering online education to students globally. While this change towards online education has been embraced by almost all facets of the education sector, some are doing it exceptionally well.
American International Theism University is a Religious institution that meets the requirements found in Section 1005.06(1)(f), Florida Statutes and Rule 6E-5.001, Florida Administrative Code are not under the jurisdiction or purview of the Commission for Independent Education and are not required to obtain licensure.
The title of AITU-issued degrees incorporates a religious modifier inside any of the accompanying degrees to consent to the Florida Department of Education, Commission for Independent Education Section 1006.06 ((1) (F): For instance, Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy, and Doctor of Education.
AITU offers educational programs that prepare students for religious vocations as ministers, professionals, or laypersons in ministry. Our programs include counseling, theism, education, administration, music, fine arts, media communications, or social work.
There are a variety of educational programs available at American International Theism University for students to join. These programs are designed to prepare students for real-life job experiences in their fields of choice. The majors available include Islamic Studies, counseling, social work, education, banking, finance, or business management. Students can choose to major in Grief Counseling, Education, Islamic Finance, or Business Administration for their degree programs.
The American International Theism University is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC). ASIC accreditation helps students and parents make a more informed choice and will also help a school, college, university, training provider or distance education provider, demonstrate to the international student body that they are a high quality institution.
ASIC is recognised by UKVI in UK, is a member of the CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG) in USA and is listed in their International Directory, is a member of the BQF (British Quality Foundation) and are institutional members of EDEN (European Distance and E-Learning Network).